Each new product sold by PROSKI is covered by the individual manufacturer’s warranty. Please check the manufacturer’s website for information regarding their specific warranty policy. PROSKI does not make the FINAL decision on what will be covered by warranty, and it is solely up to the discretion of the manufacturer as to what qualifies as a warranty.
As an Australian Retailer we can only warranty products purchased from our store and website. Manufacturers require a proof of purchase to be included with every warranty claim.
Steps for Processing Warranties
- Determine whether the damage should be covered by warranty or if the issue is general wear and tear.
- Email [email protected] with a description and CLEAR detailed photos of the issue. Please also include your original order number or proof of purchase.
- Our customer service team will be in touch within 48 hours to let you know if there is any more information that we need to open your warranty claim.
- Your warranty claim will be forwarded to the manufacturer to determine if the product will be covered under warranty. We’ll endeavour to get your claim processed asap but please allow up to 2-3 weeks for your claim to be processed. If a manufacturer requires the item to be sent back for physical assessment, we will notify you of this. For this process, please allow 4-8 weeks. PROSKI cannot control this timeframe and whether it is exceeded.
Here are a few things that are NOT covered by warranty:
- Normal wear and tear resulting from standard usage that occurs over time. (chipped topsheet, sun faded topsheet, etc)
- Damage resulting from contact with objects. (Rails, boxes, stumps, rocks, little kids, skiers, etc.)
- Damage to product resulting from improper care or unnecessary roughness. (jamming tip/tail into snow, product flying off of roof racks, etc)
- Parts, hardware, accessories that were lost or have gone missing AFTER receiving your shipment.
- Boot damage caused by contact with a snowboards metal edges (commonly caused by contact with the edge when skating or resting your board on your boot when on a chairlift).
- Damage due to improper storage (storing items when wet, storing items in direct sunlight, or in a drying room that is too hot etc.)
- Goggle lenses fogging when the lens has been wiped/damaged on the inside of the lens. (may be covered if the fogging is happening between the two lenses).
- Cracks or breaks on binding high backs resulting from impact from chairlifts or standing on them.
- Cuts on jackets, pants and gloves from snowboard edges, sliding on the snow/ice or rails.
- Handle strikes on waterski tips
- Using tubes as a trampoline on the shore
The next step varies by manufacturer, you may be asked to return to store or send the product to us, we will advise you if this is necessary. Initial shipping back to us during the warranty process is the responsibility of the customer. However, shipping costs after that will be covered by the manufacturer or PROSKI. This includes regular shipping to return the item to you for all items replaced or repaired under warranty. Let us know if you are in a rush and would like to pay extra for express shipping on your warranty return.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER UNDER AUSTRALIAN LAW
Please note, as stated above, this is up to the discretion of the individual manufacturer, not PROSKI.
Refunds for minor problems
You are not entitled to a refund immediately if the problem is minor and can be fixed easily in a reasonable time. Instead, you must give the business an opportunity to solve the problem. This can include a replacement or repair.
Refunds for major problems
Generally, a problem is considered ‘major’ when:
- the product or service doesn’t do what it said it would do, and can’t be easily fixed within a reasonable time,
- it would stop someone from buying the service if they’d known about it,
- it creates an unsafe situation.
You can read more about this HERE
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call on (02) 49265177. We understand having your gear break is a very frustrating experience, however we are here to help you, we kindly ask that you treat our staff with respect during our communications with you.