NILS Grindelwald Ladies Suit
Slim fit, 4-way stretch ski suit in Dermizax fabric with adjustable belt and YKK waterproof zippers. Waterproof/ Breathable rating 20/10.
- 95% Nylon
- 5% Lycra Dermizax
- Faux Fur on Hood
Fabrics and Weatherproofing
- All NILS outerwear fabrics have weatherproofing of between 10k and 20k waterproof/breathable membranes to keep moisture from coming to the inside of the jacket.
- All NILS outerwear fabrics have a durable water repellency on the outside to keep out moisture.
- All NILS outerwear fabrics have a very tight weave to enhance the warmth
- All NILS outerwear fabrics are either 2 way or 4 way stretch for flexibility and movement.
The government standard for waterproof is 5000mm meaning it will take 5000mm of water before the garment will be penetrated with moisture. The NILS standard waterproof rating starts at a high 10,000mm and has a range up to 20,000mm allowing the wearer to stay out in moderate to heavy snow.
DWR (An outer protective spray) is applied to the outside of the fabric, while the fabric has an inner membrane or coating to keep the water from moving to the inside.
A truly waterproof garment would have to be non-porous and non-breathable like rubber. Because breathability is so important in an active garment, moisture could come through with very wet snow or extreme pressure.
Breathability is the process by which the fabric allows moisture or water vapor to be transmitted through the material.
Breathability is tested over a 24 hour period to see how many grams of water transfer through a square of fabric.
All NILS outerwear garments have a very high breathability rating of from 10,000grams to 20,000grams. Breathability is an important feature for an active garmet.
Warmer, lighter and using a minimum of 35% in recycled materials
- Superior lightweight warmth
- Good breathability
- Water resistant
- Excellent wash durability
- Good hand
- Good compression and recovery
- 35% Recycled fibers
- Excellent CLO
100% of ALLIED down is responsibly sourced from certified farms. Sustainably processed without harsh detergents with recycled water.
- If there is a special warning, as in, DRY CLEAN ONLY or DO NOT DRY CLEAN, this instruction is in easy view.
- If there are any questions regarding the type of material used or if anyone is unsure as to the proper cleaning, call 800.933.NILS.
- Washing Instructions, click here.
See Example Tag Below:
TIPS / SUGGESTIONS
- When washing a garment remember soap residue reduces water repellency as it creates a conduit for the transfer of water. Be sure garment is completely rinsed.
- To minimize wrinkling remove from dryer when cycle is complete.
- If the insulation is DOWN, wash inside out and dry in dryer on LOW HEAT add tennis shoe (clean) or two tennis balls to restore loft. DO NOT LET GARMENT SIT FOR ANY PERIOD OF TIME IN WASHER.
- Faux and real fur trims should be removed before washing.
|BUST||–||34||35||36||37||38||39 1/2||41 1/2||43 1/2||45 1/2|
|WAIST||24 1/2||26 1/2||26 1/2||27 1/2||28 1/2||29 1/2||31||33||35||37|
|HIPS||34||35||36||37||38||39||41 1/2||42 1/2||44 1/2||46 1/2|
|CB-SLEEVE||–||31 1/8||31 3/4||32 3/8||33||33 5/8||34 3/8||35 1/8||35||36 5/8|
|INSEAM||30 1/4||30 1/4||30 1/2||30 3/4||31||31 1/4||31 1/2||31 3/4||32||32 1/4|
|LONG INSEAM||32 3/4||32 3/4||33||33 1/4||33 1/2||33 3/4||34||34 1/4||34 1/2||34 3/4|